Jan 25, 2018
How do you Stay Connected in Survival Mode?
In this Episode, we answer a question called in by the Quick
and Dirty Website. Don and Glory asks: "how do we stay
connected when you're in survival mode"!
- Once a month planning
- Weekly Scheduling: some weeks are the same so we just take a
quick glance at the calendar to see if anything needs to be added,
changed or figured out.
- It only takes a few minutes once you've had your initial once a
month planning session.
- Planning helps to keep the guessing work out of the
- Each of us knows what each others responsibilities are for that
week so there isn't room for disappointment.
- We are both on the same page entering in each week.
- Being flexible
- Life throws us curve balls so it's really important to have a
plan and be flexible if things change.
- Budget your time
- [Jar Example]
- Jar with 24 colorful balls representing the 24 hours we
all have in a day. So each is 1 hour. Depending on
your sleeping patterns, you might take out 7 balls and 10 hours for
work. So just those 2 activities alone is 17 hours, which
leaves you with 7 more balls remaining.
- Then there's breakfast, supper and then bedtime for the little
ones. That might take up 3.
- So what are you guys left with...4!
- Be intentional when planning. Set a time each day to
- Planning out your priorities for that week makes it easer to
say NO when you are planned, scheduled and working towards the same
- Keep Relationship a Priority
- Couch Time
- Say no to extra activities. (Men: Floor hockey, Wing
Night, Women: Book clubs, Coffee Dates) They may be good
things, but it's just no for now. Is it worth a ball?
- This is our protected time and we keep this time focused and
set apart from every other days business.
- So many appointments, people and commitments that are vying for
our time. So in our planning, we carve out time that is
specifically for family time, or one-on-one time each
- OUR EXAMPLE
- Sundays is protected family time (big meal with the whole
family, play games, be silly, have fun, recharge and connect)
- Evening: Planning (Really Really big calendar)
- Every step of the way, you must intentionally foster
your relationship through this busy season which does not last
forever, because seasons change. And because you
planned, prioritized and protected
your relationship, you will enter the season a lot stronger,
and, more connected!
Show Notes: http://daleandheather.com/episode7
us on Instagram
Follow us our